Environmental Sustainability at KFC Yum! Center
What We're Doing
KFC Yum! Center is committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues. Here are just a few of the projects we have implemented to minimize our environmental impact:
• Created a recycling program for glass, plastic, aluminum, cardboard, paper and more
• Switched lighting to energy-efficient CFL or LED bulbs in many areas
• Installed smart valves on all men’s urinals, saving thousands of gallons of water each month
• Implemented a green cleaning policy
• Created program to purchase recycled-content paper products
What You Can Do
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit to KFC Yum! Center more environmentally friendly:
• Consider walking, biking, taking public transit or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on gas and parking and reduce your carbon footprint. Get directions here.
• Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated receptacles – if you aren’t sure where to put something, please ask!
• Turn off water faucets when you’re finished – let us know if you spot any leaks
• Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need